... part of the Web Site of George North -- Back to Site Index
Election Web, Tutorial 2, Case Problem 3
This is a graded assignment, worth
The purpose of this assignment is:
Demonstrate a working knowledge of Hypertext linking. Use relative paths to your own WebSite pages. Use absolute paths to WebSites external to yours. Create an image map. Build a menu of links.
Item# Points - description
- 10 points - BlackBoard Discussions for Week 4.
- 10 points - your WebPages are all W3C Valid ... use W3C Markup Validator to check your HTML. Use a strategy to write your HTML. If you use the W3C validator early and often, you will find your HTML errors when you make them, when correcting them will be easy. If you wait until you are almost finished writing, you could be discouraged by the number of errors W3C Validator finds.
- 5 points - all WebPages include the minimum HTML illustrated in our HTML Template . This HTML is not identical to what is described in our textbook. We use character set utf-8, not "ISO-8859-1". We link to our own version of mddernizr.js.
- 5 points - include documentation (include comments) in your HTML, see Strategy for Editing HTML. Good documentation is important because; (a) it reminds you of your intentions making it easier for you to reuse your work. Be certain to include documentation where you meet Grading Rubric requirements.
- 5 points - start a new folder on CPST WebServer to keep your WebSite organized. Follow Guidelines for Naming files and folders.
- 5 points - Using the image file 'kansasmap.png', create working image map that links to 4 district Webpages. Each district WebPage also uses this image map.
- 10 points - use an unordered list to create a menu of links to 20 News Website you consider interesting. It is not necessary to use the suggested list. You earn ½ point for each link.
- 1 point - Bonus Point !!! -- include in your menu of links, a link to one of your fellow student's ElectionWeb Site.
50 points - TOTAL
Did you read this week's news yet? Did you read the Case Problem page yet? There are links at the top of this page.
There are several new BlackBoard discussions setup in the Discussion Board section of BlackBoard. Each discussion should be self-explanatory. The name of each discussion begins with "Week 4", indicating that it is to be used during Week 4 of class. See our SiteIndex WebPage for a complete list of Weeks and Dates for all Assignments.
The help discussion is "Week 4 - Help". Use this to ask any and all question you have.
You may add as many threads to these discussions as you like. Each time you substantially participate in one of these discussions you earn 3 points.
See the Case Problem page for more information on how to proceed. See info on Needed Data Files. See info on What to do.